If you believe your account has been compromised, please do the following as soon as possible:
- disable your Bittrex account (expand the section below for instructions)
- contact Bittrex Support and provide as many details as possible of what may have happened
- if any funds were stolen, file a complaint with the FBI via the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)
If you have the Account login activity email notification enabled, you will receive an email from email@example.com whenever there is a successful log in on your Bittrex account. If you received this email but you did not log in to your account, it is very possible your account has been compromised and you should disable your account immediately.
↪ How do I enable/disable email notifications?
If you do not have the email notification enabled, and you believe your account has been compromised, you will not be able to disable your account on your own. In this case, please contact Bittrex support as soon as possible for assistance.
How to disable your account
- Open the login notification email and click or tap disable your account.
- You will be redirected to the Bittrex website. Check the box and click or tap Disable Account.
- Your account will be disabled for a minimum of 24 hours.
- After you have disabled your account, remember to contact Bittrex support for further assistance.