Bitcoin Cash (BCH) will be undergoing a network protocol upgrade on November 15, 2020 at approximately 4:00 AM PT (12:00 PM UTC).
In connection to the protocol upgrade, there has been a proposed chain-split between the two main BCH clients, Bitcoin Cash ABC (BCHA) and Bitcoin Cash Node (BCHN), making this a hard fork that may result in a chain split and additional token.
Bittrex will plan to support the chain with the most mining pool support as “Bitcoin Cash” with the BCH ticker. At the time of posting, the BCHN client has the majority of mining pool support.
Bittrex will take the following steps in preparation for the BCH fork:
- BCH wallets will be closed for deposit and withdrawal on November 14 at 12:00 PM PT (8:00 PM UTC)
- A snapshot will be taken of user balances at the time of the fork – November 15 at approximately 4:00 AM PT (12:00 PM UTC)
- The BCH wallet will remain closed until the hard fork is complete and it is deemed safe to open. Trading will remain active during this time.
Following completion of the hard fork, Bittrex will evaluate and review the BCHA token for listing. In the event Bittrex lists BCHA, only the BCH held on your account during the on-exchange snapshot may be eligible for BCHA chain split tokens.
The Bittrex BCH on-exchange snapshot completion will be Tweeted from the @BittrexExchange Twitter account.
We will not recover incorrectly made cross chain deposits under any circumstance due to the lack of replay protection.
* Update (11/18/20): The Bitcoin Cash (BCHN) hardfork upgrade is complete. Wallets are open for deposits and withdrawals.
* Update (12/11/20): Bittrex will support listing Bitcoin Cash ABC (BCHA). Users who held a BCH balance at the time of the snapshot will receive BCHA tokens once the integration is complete. Additional information about the listing will be available in the coming days.
For more information about our token listing process visit:
To review our policy on forks, airdrops and promos go to:
Bitcoin Cash Mining Pool Support: https://cash.coin.dance/blocks
Bitcoin Cash Node - https://gitlab.com/bitcoin-cash-node/bitcoin-cash-node
Bitcoin Cash ABC - https://github.com/Bitcoin-ABC/bitcoin-abc