To fund your Bittrex account using a debit card, follow these steps:
- Click Holdings in the top right corner of the homepage.
- Click Deposit by debit card in the right column.
- Input amount wanting to be purchased.
- Click Enter card info next.
- Input your debit card information.
- Click Pay.
- Once submitted, you may be prompted to a 3DSecure portal for your banking institution.*
- Follow the prompts to verify the transaction through the 3DSecure portal.
Once the transaction is approved, the funds will be credited to your USD wallet. You can check the status of your deposit in the Deposits section of the Holdings page.
Please note that a 10-day withdrawal hold is applied on all USD and EUR deposited for newly created accounts. You will need to wait 10 days to initiate a withdrawal of purchases with these funds.
Supported states, limits, and fees
Debit cards accepted: VISA and Mastercard
Processing fee: 3%
Daily limit: USD $10,000 (Visa)(Mastercard)
Monthly limit: USD $50,000 (Visa)(Mastercard)
Minimum deposit: USD $10
Frequently asked questions
What fees does Bittrex charge for debit card transactions?
Bittrex currently charges a 3% transaction fee that is added to the amount that you request to add to your Bittrex account. As an example, if you initiate a transaction to add $100 and the total transaction fee is 3%, you will be charged $103 on your card (plus any additional amounts charged by the card issuer) and $100 will be added to your Bittrex account.
Note: Your card issuer may charge you fees that are separate and in addition to the transaction fee charged by Bittrex. For instance, your card issuer may charge you a foreign transaction fee because your transaction is being processed by a non-U.S. payment processor. You are responsible for paying any fees that your card issuer charges you.
Does Bittrex have any other methods to deposit USD into my Bittrex account?
Yes, Bittrex allows you to deposit and withdrawal USD via wire transfers. For more information on wire transfers, go to Fiat (US Dollar) Trading, Deposits and Withdrawals.
Can I use a business debit card to fund my personal Bittrex account?
No, business debit cards are not permitted.
My deposit shows pending in my bank account but I don't see it in my Bittrex account?
Reasons why this may occur:
- Our card processor is unable to read accents in names, if you have an accent in your name, please remove it from the card deposit form.
- If you are using a short or nickname in your card deposit form, please make sure it matches your ID.
- Pending transactions can also mean you have not clicked through the green check screen towards the confirmation page or have cancelled the transaction mid way.
Please note: If your transaction is pending in your bank account and has not landed in your Bittrex account, it has been voided. Any voided deposits will be cancelled and returned to your visa card in less than 15 business days.
Can I remove my saved cards?
Yes. Select the saved card and click Remove and confirm with Yes.
What is 3DSecure?
3DSecure adds an additional security protocol to authenticate transactions. Authentication is bank specific. Please contact your banking institution if you have issues authenticating through the 3DSecure portal.
*Disclaimers: All transactions are final. Additional transaction fees may be charged by your card issuer for each transaction. All card transactions are processed through a third-party payment processes —Emerchantpay LTD. Please note that it is not possible to sell cryptocurrency and have the funds deposited to a card