NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OFFER VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. BINDING EFFECT. Please read these official rules (“Official Rules”) carefully, as they are a binding agreement between you (the “Participant”, “you”, “your”, and similar terms) and Bittrex, Inc., a Delaware corporation, its subsidiaries, and affiliated companies (“Bittrex”, “we”, “us”, and similar terms), that governs your participation in the Bittrex Bitcoin Halving Contest (the “Contest”) described herein. By submitting your entry, you agree to these Official Rules and that failure to comply with these Official Rules may, in the sole discretion of Bittrex, result in disqualification and/or other penalties. The Bittrex Terms of Service are incorporated herein by reference and can be found at https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000560871-Bittrex-Inc-Terms-of-Service-Version-3. Any capitalized terms not defined in this Agreement are defined in the Bittrex Terms of Service. All federal, state, provincial, and local laws apply.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to people 18 years of age or older (as of the date of entry) who are legal residents of the United States, except in those states where prohibited by law. In order to be eligible to receive the Prize (defined below), you must be the holder of an active Bittrex Account in good standing. For the avoidance of doubt, each participant in the Contest should check with local requirements regarding his or her eligibility prior to participation in this Contest. The officers, directors, and employees of Bittrex and all advertising, contest and judging agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Contest (collectively the “Contest Parties”) and immediate family members or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
3. SUBMISSION PERIOD. The Contest begins on Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 10:00 AM, PT and ends on Monday, May 11, 2020 at 4:59 PM, PT (“Submission Period”). Entries will be only accepted during the Submission Period.
4. HOW TO ENTER.
A. General Entry. To enter and participate in the Contest, you must visit the Contest thread on r/Bitcoin available at https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/gfaoii/hey_reddit_today_we_are_doing_a_verified_ama/ and answer the designated questions in the manner ascribed in such thread (the "Contest Questions"). Each Participant will receive one (1) entry for submitting answers to the Contest Questions (such an entry, the "General Entry"). There is a limit of one (1) General Entry per Participant in the Contest during the Submission Period.
B. Bonus Entries. In addition to a General Entry, each Participant is eligible to earn up to ten (10) bonus entries (each, a "Bonus Entry") by providing and submitting additional information through the online registration form available at https://bit.ly/3cc0s8m (the “Contest Participant Form”). Each Participant will receive one (1) Bonus Entry, up to a max of three (3) Bonus Entries, for providing each of the following: (a) such Participant's first and last name, (b) such Participant's Twitter Handle verifying they follow us @BittrexExchange on Twitter, and (c) the link to their Reddit post answering the Contest Questions. Each Participant is eligible to receive an additional five (5) Bonus Entries for providing their Bittrex Account verified email address at the time they submit the Contest Participant Form. In addition, each Participant is eligible to receive two (2) Bonus Entries for completing all the steps on the Contest Participant Form. There is a limit of one (1) submission of a Contest Participant Form per Participant in the Contest during the Submission Period. No Bonus Entries can be submitted or accepted until the Participant's General Entry has been submitted and accepted. Any Bonus Entries submitted by a Participant prior to the acceptance and submission of such Participant's General Entry will be voided and invalid. Regardless of method of obtaining entries, there is a limit of eleven (11) total entries into the Contest per Participant during the Submission Period.
Participants who do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS AND NOTIFICATION. Bittrex will randomly draw one (1) prizewinner at the conclusion of the Submission Period from the eligible entries received during the Submission Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The prizewinner will be notified within one (1) week from the end of the Submission Period (“Winner Notification”). In order to Failure to respond to Bittrex’s notification of winning within ten (10) days of such notification being sent will result in forfeiture of the prize, and Bittrex will have the option to award the prize to an alternate winner. The return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Bittrex will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner.
6. PRIZE AND PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. The prizewinner will be entitled to receive 0.5 BTC (the "Prize") to be transferred to such prizewinner's Bittrex Account within thirty (30) days of such prizewinner’s acknowledgment of winning in accordance with Section 5. In order to be eligible to receive the Prize, you must be the holder of an active Bittrex Account in good standing. Any federal, state, provincial, and local taxes and any duties on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. LICENSE GRANT. You retain all of your ownership rights in any story, photograph, video, or other material that you submit as part of or is associated with your entry into the contest (e.g., profile photo, Twitter bio, etc.) (collectively, “Participant Content”). However, by participating in the Contest, you grant Bittrex a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, fully-paid, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, adapt, modify, publish, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, and perform your Participant Content, in whole or in part, in connection with this Contest and in connection with the marketing, advertising and contest of Bittrex products in any media formats and through any media and social channels. Bittrex may also use your story, photograph, video, and/or other material in connection with (a) retail marketing efforts including trade show booths, catalogs, mailers, point of purchase or other store displays; and (b) e-commerce efforts including the Bittrex website in any media formats and through any media and social channels.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Participants agree to abide by the Reddit User Agreement located at https://www.redditinc.com/policies/user-agreement. Bittrex’s decisions are final and binding in all respects on all matters related to this Contest. Bittrex and its partners are not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, delayed or garbled applications or emails, incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, including but not limited to technical malfunctions, human or technical error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, or any combination thereof.
Only fully completed online entries will be accepted. All entries submitted become the property of Bittrex. Bittrex reserves the right, without prior notice, to terminate this Contest, in whole or in part, or modify this Contest in any way, and for any reason, including without limitation, if Bittrex determines in its sole discretion, that fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Bittrex’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest. Any Participant found to create and use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible. Bittrex reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Participant it finds to be tampering with the entry or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Bittrex reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Bittrex’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
The Participant’s ability to participate in the Contest is expressly provided in exchange for your acceptance of these Official Rules and agreement to abide by them. By participating in this Contest, Participant releases and agrees to discharge and hold harmless Bittrex and its partners, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, retailers, agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability, whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Contest or any portion thereof, or acceptance, possession or use (misuse), or failure to use any matters arising out of or relating to this Contest or any prize.
9. PUBLICITY RELEASE. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize shall constitute the prizewinner’s agreement that Bittrex may use their name, address, and prize information for contestal purposes without further payment or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
11. SPONSOR. The Contest is sponsored by Bittrex with its North American office in Seattle, Washington. Bittrex’s address is 800 5th Ave., Seattle, WA 98104.
12. WINNER NOTIFICATION. Bittrex may announce the winner on Bittrex’s social media outlets. However, you may also obtain a copy of the winner list by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Bittrex, Bittrex, Inc., Attn: Marketing Manager, 800 5th Ave., Seattle, WA 98104, no later than sixty (60) days from end date of the Submission Period. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering this Contest, entrants waive all right to, and hold Bittrex harmless from, any claim, liability, loss, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys' fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in the Contest or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Bittrex will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect entries; an entrant's failure to receive prize notices due to entrant’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for entrants’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in the Contest; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Contest; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or announcement of the prize(s). If, in Bittrex’s opinion, there is such an error, or there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties (including viruses and bugs) compromise the integrity of the Contest, Bittrex may, in its sole discretion, cancel or modify the Contest in a manner deemed appropriate by Bittrex. Bittrex will adjudicate disputes as to the identity of a potentially winning entrant in its sole discretion, which will be deemed final and binding.
14. CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM. Participant agrees that all matters arising out of or relating to the Contest and/or these Official Rules are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any of its conflict-of-laws provisions. Participant further agrees that any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to the Contest and/or these Official Rules shall be brought exclusively in the applicable federal or state courts located in Seattle, Washington and consents to the personal jurisdiction thereof.