Based on your feedback we've made some exciting improvements to Bittrex.com and Bittrex International today:
- v3 API is now in open Beta and available to all developers - check out the details below!
- Improved the experience for users signing up for Bittrex accounts for the first time - it's now much simpler to to create an account and verify your identity, getting users to their first trade even faster.
- Resolved issues experienced by Firefox users with charts not loading properly
v3 Beta API
We’re thrilled to announce that the v3 Beta API is now available to the public! This brand new API adds the most-requested features in a single API. Some of the highlights include:
- Market orders to buy/sell a quantity of a currency at the best, currently available price
- “Post-only” orders which allow market makers to ensure their orders are making it to the order book instead of matching with a preexisting order
- “Fill or Kill” and “Immediate or Cancel” order types which force orders to be filled immediately or not at all
- Client-specified order IDs for easier tracking of orders and idempotency of order placement
- More details are available about the status of deposits and withdrawals
- Full history of your orders and withdrawals (not just most recent 20 or 200)
- Changed how market identifiers are structured to better align with foreign exchange trading standards (for example, the market formally known as BTC-ADA is now ADA-BTC in the v3 API)
Reaching the Beta milestone represents our confidence in the quality and stability of our new API, but we’re not done adding features. You can look forward to us adding even more to this API in upcoming releases:
- Fully rebuilt v3 web socket for streaming updates of market and account data
- Ability to retrieve order execution details
- Support for batch operations
If you’ve been waiting to give our API a try or if you’ve been working with one of our older APIs, now is a great time to try v3! Head over to https://bittrex.github.io/api/v3 to check out the documentation and get started.
API Questions? Need help? Feedback? Reach out to us on GitHub.
Have other feedback?
Fine Print: The v3 Beta or other pre-release API versions should not be used for production use. This the v3 Beta release will be subject to breaking changes, potentially without notice, until we release the final API. It should only be used for testing and review. The v3 Beta API will operate against production data and accounts. By using the v3 Beta API you understand and agree that issues may be encountered without warning, affecting your use of the website and API. Bittrex provides no warranties, either express or implied, as to the suitability or usability of pre-release APIs. Bittrex will not be liable for any loss, whether such loss is direct, indirect, special or consequential, suffered by any party as a result of their use of the v3 Beta API or other pre-release APIs.