Troubleshooting Identity Verification
In order to expedite this process, and get users trading more quickly, we have compiled a list of helpful tips to help you avoid common obstacles and errors of Identity Verification:
- Selfie issues: Users must take and upload a new “selfie”, which must be a clear image of your entire face. This image cannot be a professional headshot or the same image that is on the identification document used. By submitting a new photo, users may avoid the primary reason people encounter identity verification delays.
- Unsupported ID: Users should also make sure they are selecting the proper document type and following the instructions of what photos to upload. The instructions will say to take a picture of the front or back of the ID. For passports, users should take a picture of the entire passport. If a user is uploading a passport the system may reject the document if the picture does not include the entire passport. The ID must be accepted by Jumio's verification system. The type of identification accepted can vary between countries.
- Unreadable IDs: If an ID is not readable or otherwise unable to be verified as a legitimately issued government ID, users will fail verification and will not have full access to the Bittrex trading platform. Please ensure that the picture of the government-issued ID is clear. Do not black out any information or watermark submitted items. All the document images need to be unaltered. Another common reason for unreadable IDs is glare from a hologram or plastic cover. The ID must be accepted by Jumio's verification system.
- Non-Latin characters on the Government IDs: There are some countries where government IDs do not support the Latin character set. For these IDs, there are additional steps that Bittrex will need to take to verify the information on the ID, often including manual intervention. To ensure a timely review process, please use international passports as these documents support Latin characters. If your passport or ID does not have Latin characters, after uploading your “selfie” and document, you must open a support ticket to that a Bittrex Agent can override this error. Please provide your full name in your native language on the ticket for the agent to verify.
- Do not open multiple support tickets for ID verification: If users open multiple tickets for the same ID verification issue, it delays the process due to needing to resolve the redundant requests.
We trust that you understand Bittrex is committed to following the law and meeting the requirements of our robust compliance program. If you have any issues with identity verification, please submit a ticket on the Bittrex Support site at: https://support.bittrex.com.