Good news! Your favorite digital asset trading platform is about to get even better. On Wednesday, February 27, Bittrex will update its cutting edge trading engine that powers both Bittrex and Bittrex International as well as its partner exchanges around the world. This update will provide customers an even faster, more scalable platform and pave the way for additional, exciting upgrades later this year.
To implement this planned technology update, we’ll need to temporarily take markets offline and disable wallets. We are making this upgrade to continuously meet the growing demand and interest from current and new digital asset customers around the world.
Below, you’ll find everything you need to know regarding changes to our platform during the update which starts at 21:00 UTC on February 27th.
What can Bittrex customers expect during the planned upgrade?
- Bittrex.com and International.Bittrex.com will remain online, customers will continue to be able to login and check their balances, and customers assets will remain secure throughout the upgrade
- Wallets will be unavailable for up to 24 hours beginning at 21:00 UTC on Wednesday February 27th; deposits and withdrawals will be disabled until wallets are back online.
- All markets will be offline and trading will be suspended for up to three hours beginning approximately at 22:00 UTC.
- During the update any partially filled orders will be cancelled. All other open orders will remain on the order books.
Follow our social media channels for real-time updates on the day of the update.
What benefits will users notice once the update is complete?
Once the update is completed, Bittrex and Bittrex International users will enjoy noticeably faster orderbook updates and overall order execution, as the new engine will have the capacity to execute even more orders per second. In fact, after the upgrade, your orders will be processed at a rate 20 times faster than before.
Will there be any additional improvements from the update?
The update is paving the way for a collection of exciting features that will be rolled out on Bittrex and Bittrex International throughout 2019. Some of these features will include:
- Maker-Taker and other features for liquidity providers and high-volume traders
- New ways to add fiat to your accounts
- Account management improvements (access to full transaction history, account statements, and more)
- New order types and options, including market orders
- More flexible conditional orders which will eliminate the need for reserve funds when making conditional orders, allowing traders more flexibility without tying up money in conditional trades. Note: Conditional orders will be disabled until this updated functionality goes live
- And, much more - so stay tuned!
Will any features be disabled after the update and what happens to open orders during the upgrade?
As stated above, conditional order types will be temporarily disabled on the Bittrex and Bittrex International platforms. Keep watching for an announcement on our blog and on our verified social media channels for updates about when this feature will be re-enabled.
Additionally, miners and other traders who use the Auto-Sell feature should note that this feature will be temporarily disabled. Like conditional orders, we plan to relaunch this feature in the near future.
Finally, partially filled orders will be cancelled when we take the markets offline for the upgrade. Specifically, customers with existing, partially-filled open orders will have the remainder of their unfilled orders cancelled during the update, which starts on February 27th at 21:00 UTC. Please note the time and date of the update and take appropriate measures to complete or cancel orders prior to the markets going offline for the upgrade.
Making it even better for you
With a 99.95 percent uptime rate, Bittrex is well-known for delivering a reliable and advanced trading experience. And that’s why we appreciate your patience as we get ready to conduct this scheduled technology update, so we may further enhance our platform and prepare for additional upgrades that you will enjoy later on in 2019.
During the technology update, customers may follow our official Twitter account at @BittrexExchange for regular updates. We truly value our customers, and this update is another example of how we’re working hard to earn and keep your business every day.