On February 28, 2014, three security engineers launched a new, U.S. based exchange with a post on a bitcoin discussion forum. We had a simple mission: to provide faster trade execution, dependable digital wallets, and industry-leading security practices so users had a product they could trust.
Today, as we celebrate our fifth anniversary, we continue to build on that foundation to help advance the blockchain industry by fostering innovation and incubating new and emerging technology to drive adoption around the world.
Over the past year, alone, Bittrex has announced and brought our customers an exciting list of firsts which include:
- U.S. dollar fiat trading for corporate and individual investors with 21 fiat markets.
- Invested considerable resources to improve our customer support team’s capabilities, including launching 24/7 live chat support.
- An over-the-counter (OTC) desk for approved customers to quickly and conveniently trade digital assets supported by Bittrex, including nearly all 200 tokens on the
- The launch of Bittrex International, an European-based entity, to offer a streamlined token approval process and provide more trading options for qualified non-U.S. customers.
- Teaming up with Rialto Trading, a next-generation Alternative Trading System (ATS) to offer a new, innovative digital securities trading platform. Both companies are having detailed conversations with regulators to launch this expanded platform.
- An expanding and constantly evolving partner network which saw the launch of new exchanges in Canada, Uruguay, Europe, South America, South Africa, Mongolia, and Singapore - all powered by Bittrex.
- Being named the preferred digital asset exchange for Ripple’s xRapid transactions that move through US Dollars.
- Bittrex International joining the Universal Protocol Alliance, an organization dedicated to providing mainstream investors safeguards and interoperability standards.
- Founding, along with three other exchanges, the Virtual Commodity Association Working Group, to work towards a goal of establishing an industry-sponsored, self-regulatory organization (SRO) to oversee virtual commodity marketplaces.
- A significant update to our world class trading engine that powers Bittrex, Bittrex International, and our partner exchanges around the world to increase speed and scale, among other improvements.
The update is paving the way for a collection of exciting features that will be rolled out on Bittrex and Bittrex International throughout 2019. Some of these features will include:
- Maker-Taker and other features for liquidity providers and high-volume traders
- New ways to add fiat to your accounts
- Account management improvements (access to full transaction history, account statements, and more)
- New order types and options, including Market Orders
- More Flexible Conditional Orders which will eliminate the need for reserve funds when making conditional orders, allowing traders more flexibility without tying up money in conditional trades. (NOTE: Conditional Orders will be disabled until this updated functionality goes live)
While we are proud of the accomplishments our community has experienced in the last year, none of it would be possible without our users. Over the last five years, your passion, energy, and support has pushed us to become one of the world’s premier digital assets platforms. We will keep working tirelessly to continue to innovate and deliver the high quality you deserve.
A sincere thank you to everyone who has supported us. Here is to another five years!