In order to deposit Grin to Bittrex please follow these steps.
- Login and Click on Holdings in the upper right hand of the site.
- Search for the Grin wallet.
- Click Deposits under Holdings as this will bring up the deposit page.
- Generate a transaction file from your source of Grin. Different wallets and exchanges may do this in different ways. For example, the Grin command line wallet generates a transaction file using the following command when sending via a file:
grin wallet send -m file -d my_grin_transaction.tx 10.25
- Upload it using the drag and drop file uploader or by opening your file from the location directory.
- Click the “Generate Response” button on the lower right of the Deposit window.
- Verify the transaction amount displayed in the Deposit Response window and then click the “Download Response File” button if it looks correct.
- Click “Done” when you’re ready to send the response back to your source.
- If you’d like to cancel the deposit, click on “Start a new deposit” instead. At this time, Bittrex only supports one deposit per user at a time sequentially.
- Send this response file to your source of Grin to have them finalize the transaction. If you own the source wallet, finalize or confirm the transaction yourself. For example, the Grin command line wallet will finalize a transaction response with the following command:
grin wallet finalize -i my_grin_transaction.tx.response.json
- If you need to cancel a transaction and start a new one, click on Withdraw next to the wallet and click “Start a new deposit” to cancel the existing response file.
In order to withdraw Grin from Bittrex please follow the steps below.
- Click Holdings in the upper right of the site.
- Search for the Grin wallet.
- Click Withdraws under Holdings as this will bring up the withdrawal page.
- You may get a "Two-Factor Authentication Required" dialog at this point if you do not have it enabled. Two-factor authentication is mandatory for this type of withdrawal. Click on "Enable Two-Factor Authentication" and complete it before returning to the withdrawal flow.
- Enter a Withdrawal amount and click "Generate Transaction File". The minimum withdrawal amount must be greater than 3 times the withdrawal fee.
- On the Withdrawal Transaction File screen, click on "Download Transaction File" and save it to your local storage.
- If you do not own the receiving wallet, send the transaction file to the recipient and await a response.
- If you also own the receiving wallet, generate a response file from your destination wallet. For example, the Grin command line wallet generates a transaction file using the following command when receiving via a file:
grin wallet receive -i my_grin_transaction.tx
- If you have already initiated a withdrawal and created a transaction file, you cannot start another withdrawal until it finishes. Please wait 2 hours for the transaction to automatically cancel if it gets stuck.
NOTE: Bittrex does not support withdrawals to listeners and https addresses.
NOTE: Withdrawals of Grin will auto-cancel if they aren't finalized within 2 hours.