How do I deposit coins to Bittrex?
- Log in to Bittrex and navigate to the Holdings tab.
- Make sure the Show Zero Balances option is not selected. Search for your desired wallet using the search box at the top of the screen.
- Click the Deposit icon under the Actions tab of the wallet you would like to deposit your funds to. This will bring up a list of deposit instructions for that specific coin.
- If you have not deposited this coin to Bittrex in the past, you will be prompted to Generate a new wallet address.
- Make sure to read the deposit instructions if they are available. You must follow these instructions exactly or you could potentially lose your coins:
- Some coins require a minimum amount to be sent before they are credited.
- Other coins will require a message/paymentID/tag/memo. This must be included in your deposit in order for your funds to be credited to your account.
- Double-check to make sure the name of the coin listed on the deposit instructions matches the name of the coin you're trying to deposit, then copy the address using the copy button on the right side of the address. Bittrex strongly recommends using the copy and paste functions when entering addresses. Coins sent to an incorrect address cannot be recovered under any circumstances.
- Once your deposit has been initiated, navigate to the Pending Deposits section, under the Deposits tab of the Bittrex Holdings page to check the status of a deposit.
- Pay close attention to the Confirmations column of this page. All deposits must be fully confirmed on the blockchain before they can be credited to your account. More information on the confirmation process can be found below.
Deposits will automatically be credited to your account once they are fully confirmed on the blockchain. These coins will now be available in your account for trading. This can be confirmed by searching for the Bittrex wallet for this coin and checking your balance.
Why is my deposit taking so long to process?
Transactions cannot be credited until they have been fully confirmed on the blockchain. The number of confirmations required can vary significantly between coins. A list of all coins and their respective minimum confirmations can be found here (link).
The time between confirmations can vary significantly. Confirmation times are dependent on the network of miners for a specific blockchain. Confirmation times can also be affected by network usage at the time of the transaction. You can check the time between confirmations as well as the number of confirmations for a specific transaction on that coin's block explorer:
- To do this, use a search engine to search for "coinName + block explorer." You can then use the explorer's search function to locate your transaction. This can easily be searched using the transaction ID (TxID).
In both cases, the only thing you can do is wait. Bittrex cannot control the speed of the blockchain and we therefore cannot make transactions process any faster.