Bittrex now supports eligible personal and corporate accounts for US Dollar (USD) trading, USD deposits, USD withdrawals, and debit card transactions. Identity verified (personal or corporate) customers operating outside the United States or in one the following US states/territories are eligible to participate:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington State
- Washington, D.C.
- West Virginia
If you are living inside the United States in a state not listed (e.g. Nevada), you can still participate in our USDT (Tether), BTC, and ETH markets. We will be adding more states eligible for USD soon.
Additionally, a 10-day withdrawal hold is applied on all USD deposited for newly created accounts for wire transfers and debit card transactions. You will need to wait 10 days to initiate a withdrawal of purchases with these funds.
Does Bittrex support debit card transactions?
Yes, If you are living in one of the supported states listed above you are eligible to deposit USD using our debit card transaction feature. We currently support Visa and Mastercard. To learn more about how to deposit USD with a Visa or Mastercard debit card please see our US debit card transaction article.
How do I request my Bittrex account(s) be added to the USD markets?
If your Bittrex account was created before September 4th, 2018, and is listed in an eligible location then your account should already be enabled for USD trading. For accounts created after September 4th, existing corporate accounts, or those wanting to add a bank account to enable USD deposits and withdrawals, see below to submit a Fiat (USD) Trading Request:
Personal or already approved corporate accounts:
- Click here: Fiat (USD) Trading Request
- Or navigate here: https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=36000004799
Note: New corporate customers seeking access to USD markets, upgrade account here: Corporate Account Request
What do I need to know about USD deposits and withdrawals?
- Personal accounts looking to upgrade to corporate accounts
- No deposit or withdrawal maximums
- No minimum deposit amount
- Withdrawal minimum is $10
- Please email email@example.com before withdrawing over $10M USD in a single wire transfer
- Deposits are credited same-business-day they are settled in our bank account
- Withdrawals initiated before 9AM PT are sent same day
- No initial deposit is required to enable USD deposits and withdrawals
- Deposit minimum of $50 per wire transfer, no deposit maximum
- Deposits are credited same or next-business-day they are settled in our bank account
- Withdrawals initiated before 9AM PT are sent same or next business day
- No initial deposit is required to enable USD deposits and withdrawals functionality
- Withdrawal minimum is $10
Which USD account types can my Bittrex account(s) be enabled for?
In order to enable USD deposits and withdrawals, Bittrex will first approve your bank account. If you have no need to deposit USD or withdraw USD you can have your account enabled for USD trading only.
USD trading only
- Your account will not be enabled for USD deposits or withdrawal
- You will be able to trade the USD markets, but if you want to withdraw accumulated USD you will need to first sell to one of the supported USD cryptocurrencies (e.g. BTC, ETH, USDT) and withdraw as you would any other cryptocurrency
Note: You can enable your USD trading only account for USD deposits and withdrawals at a later date anytime by submitting a Fiat (USD) Trading Request again with bank details.
USD trading, USD deposits, and USD withdrawals
- No initial deposit is required, but you must prove you control your bank account
- Attachment requirement: bank-issued letter or account statement showing:
- Your name on your bank account
- Your bank account number
- Your bank name
- You will be able to deposit USD from and withdraw to your approved bank account
- You can have multiple bank accounts approved
- You will need to enter all banking details in the form (routing number, etc.)
How do I prove my location is eligible?
- Your account must first be identity verified (government ID and selfie are uploaded)
- You must be able to prove that you are living or operating in an eligible location:
- Your government ID, address, and form answers align and prove location or
- You can prove your trading activity happens in an eligible location
- Attach copy of lease with eligible address and your name on it, and
- Attach copy of new state ID
- Your original government ID submitted to Bittrex was a US passport, we will need you to attach a copy of your equivalent state level ID
Your operating location needs to be verified with one of the following clearly showing company name and address in eligible location:
- Office space lease
- Utility bill (water bill, electricity bill, etc.)
- Country payroll or personnel tax payment if outside the US
- County or state personnel tax payments if inside the US
- If inside the US, state registration or other applicable state license
- Proof not acceptable includes:
- Articles of incorporation or other organizing documents, and/or
- P.O. Box addresses, and/or
- Inside the US only: payment of non-personnel federal, state, or county taxes.
What are the USD deposit wire transfer instructions?
You will be sent wire transfer instructions when your bank account is added.
How do I add another bank account after I've already added a bank account and been approved for USD trading, deposits, and withdrawals?
Submit the Fiat (USD) Trading Request again and select option #2 from the first question on the form.
When will my favorite currency get a USD trading pair?
We’re starting with a limited number of pairs to evaluate our systems and processes, and our plan is to continue to add fiat trading to the top digital currencies on our platform. We’re reviewing the blockchain projects we already list, listening to our customers’ trading preferences and taking other important considerations into account as we decide which USD trading pairs will be next for fiat. Development teams with tokens currently listed on Bittrex may complete this form for consideration.
We’re always exploring new, innovative blockchain projects and market opportunities, like fiat, that continue to uniquely position Bittrex in the industry. Also, our ardent commitment to security, compliance and incubating innovative blockchain projects provides customers and token teams confidence in the long-term growth of the platform. Today’s announcement is just the beginning -- we’ve got a lot planned this year to further expand the business and provide new opportunities for our customers.