It’s great to see the tremendous interest from folks who want to register with us. Since not everyone is familiar with the registration and ID verification process, we thought we’d tell you how to avoid the most common pitfalls we see customers experience during this process.
We’ve improved our automated ID verification systems to make the process state-of-the-art, fast, and painless. In fact, the vast majority of our customers get verified in less than 15 minutes.
Please use the tips below to help you get your identity verified quickly and start using our world-class trading platform as soon as possible.
- Snap a picture. You need to take a new photo or selfie of yourself that is different from the picture on your ID when submitting your documents. We can’t stress this enough -- we need two different pictures of you — the one that’s already on your ID and one that’s different from your ID picture. This is actually the most common reason people have delays with ID verification.
- Carefully read and follow the ID document requirements before uploading. For example, if you’re uploading your passport, the picture of it needs to include the entire passport or it will be rejected. If the picture cuts off any part of the ID, you’re likely to have problems. Also make sure the photos show the entire front and back of the ID.
- Don’t submit pictures that are blurry, can’t be read or are altered in any way. It’s pretty much impossible to verify that it’s you if the information or pictures aren’t clear. We need to be able to plainly see you and the information to ensure the ID is government-issued. Also, do not black out any information or watermark any of the submitted items. All pictures and documents need to be unaltered.
- Typically, for non-U.S. customers, it’s best to use your international passport. These tend to include Latin or Roman alphabet characters on the IDs, and usually result in faster verification.
- Date of Birth on your ID must have a full 4 digit year.
This means that an ID that has mm/dd/yy will be rejected. The year must be yyyy
- Please don’t try to open more than one account on Bittrex. While we know it’s exciting to trade on our platform, you’re limited to one account. Trying to open more than one will cause ID verification delays.
- Our awesome and dedicated support team is standing by and ready to help! If you’ve done all of the above and still are having problems getting verified, open a ticket on our support site. But please don’t open more than one support ticket since it doesn’t make the process go any faster, and in fact can delay it.
In case you’re wondering, there are several reasons why new customers need to verify their identity including:
- It provides a layer of security for everyone trading on Bittrex by helping to prevent theft, fraud and abuse of the trading platform.
- The law requires us to comply with “Know-Your-Customer” regulations, which helps us ensure that folks aren’t using Bittrex to launder money or help terrorists.
- We also have to comply with international sanctions and other complicated regulations that govern our industry, restricting the types of places and people who can do business with U.S. companies like ours.
This is pretty much the same requirement that any bank or stock broker has. It isn’t really complicated, but we have to do it.
We’re really excited that so many new customers want to join us on this journey, and we hope you enjoy our updated website and trading on Bittrex.
For more information about Bittrex ID verification visit: https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/231701788