Last Updated: September 2, 2020
A Bittrex corporate account is designed to meet the institutional needs of all registered entities including: Hedge Funds, High-Frequency Trading Firms, Proprietary Trading Firms, ATMs, Crypto Exchanges, Market Makers, and all other entities.
Note: Please click to add a personal account when prompted at account creation. Once your application has been approved for corporate status it will be updated from personal to corporate. Reference the account requirements for significant control person below.
What are the benefits of a corporate account?
- No Withdrawal Limits – corporate accounts do not have a 24-hour withdrawal limit
- Fiat (USD) Trading – Corporate customers operating in one of the states listed here can participate.
- Fast Deposits – lower confirmations for qualifying coins
- Priority Support – corporate support requests are routed to the corporate support queue
- API integration benefits
- High frequency REST API access – non-corporate accounts limited to 60 calls/min
- High frequency Websocket API access
- API developers slack channel – we will add corporate customers upon request
- Audit Support – we will support administrator, accountant, and other third-party requests
Corporate accounts have additional benefits designed to better support institutional trading needs. An overview of those benefits and instructions on how to request a corporate account are below. Should you still have questions after reading this article, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I request a corporate account?
To request a corporate account you must submit the Corporate Account Request form. Make sure to complete the below before you begin. Incomplete submissions will be automatically rejected.
What must I do before I submit a Corporate Account Request?
Before you begin filling out the Corporate Account Request application:
- Prepare all the required attachments for submission (must include English translated copies).
- Create and identity verify all Bittrex personal accounts you want upgraded to corporate account.
- Complete the pre-submission checklist to ensure a smooth request approval process.
Pre-Submission Checklist (#1-#7):
- Sign in to support.bittrex.com here. If you are not signed in, you will be limited to uploading 5 attachments and tracking your ticket will be more difficult.
- Determine the “Significant Control Person" (SCP) for your organization. A person with significant control is an individual who meets either of these conditions:
- Condition 1: Directly/indirectly holds more than 25% of the company’s issued share capital or voting rights, or holds the right to appoint or remove a majority of board of directors
- Or Condition 2: Has the right to exercise, or actually exercises, significant influence or control of the organization (e.g. has signing authority to bind the organization in legal agreement)
- SCP is ready to upgrade their existing Bittrex personal account to a corporate account
- SCP creates a new personal account at https://bittrex.com/account/register
- A large green check box and the words “Your identity has been successfully verified” must appear on the “Identity Verification” page within the settings section.
- Identity verification must be performed by the Significant Control Person. An assistant may not identity verify the account on behalf of the Significant Control Person.
- If your organization wants to trade from a single fund pool: Request 1 corporate account. Bittrex does not currently support separate logins for the same account via the UI for corporate users. More access options are available via API.
- If your organization wants to trade from multiple fund pools: Request multiple corporate accounts, at least one for each segregated fund balance. There is no limit to the number of personal accounts you can upgrade to corporate accounts under a single organization.
- Example 1: “Our organization is a hedge fund. We have 3 traders, all accessing the same pool of funds at the same time. How many Bittrex accounts do we need?” Answer: Request 1 account if the Significant Control Person has identity verified the account. Request 2 accounts if the Significant Control Person wants funds held in an account identity verified by someone else for compliance purposes.
- Example 2: “We are a large financial institution. We have 5 traders, and each one trades their own balance from the web console to easily track daily P&L” Answer: Request at least 5 corporate accounts, 6 if you want each trader to have their identity verified on each account. The sixth account fund balance may remain empty, but identity verified by the Significant Control Person for compliance purposes.
- Example 3: “We are a large financial institution intent on trading using the API. We have one pool of funds but plan on creating an API key for each trader to track P&L”. Answer: Request 1 account if the Significant Control Person has identity verified the account. Request 2 accounts if the Significant Control Person wants funds held in an account identity verified by someone else for compliance purposes.
- Not sure? If you are not sure how many corporate accounts you need right now or think you will need more later, just request 1 account now. We can quickly add more accounts for your organization any time after your organization receives corporate account approval.
- A selfie and government-issued identification must be uploaded into each account’s Settings
- A large green check box and the words “Your identity has been successfully verified” must appear on the “Identity Verification” page within the settings section on each account.
- As long as the SCP has identify verified at least one of the accounts, the same person from your organization may be identity verified on all corporate accounts using the same ID.
- Since the same person is not allowed to have more than one Bittrex personal account, our systems will automatically disable any account when you use the same government identification for identity verification you've used to verify another Bittrex account. This is expected, and we will re-enable all deactivated personal accounts you want upgraded to corporate when you are notified that your Corporate Account Request submission has been approved. Corporate account holders are allowed to have multiple accounts.
- Required: Articles of incorporation or other equivalent organizing documents
- Required: Government issued Tax ID confirmation (e.g. submit form 147c in the US) or supply proof are not subject to government taxation and provide equivalent ID
- Required: Local government operating registration (e.g. State registration in the US)
- Required: Shareholder document listing full legal name and address of all who own >10% of all companies involved. [Publicly traded companies should not attach.]
- Required: Trader authorization on company letterhead signed by a Significant Control Person (does not need to be the same SCP identity verified on the account), listing full legal name and address authorized to trade on the company’s behalf
- Required with Exchange Activity: Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) policies and documentation if your Bittrex account will support any buying or selling of cryptocurrency directly for others, online or in-person. For example, you must include if any aspect of your business supports (or intends to) cryptocurrency brokerage, OTC trading, ATMs, retail stores, or online digital exchange. [Pure investment funds do not need to attach, only attach if exchange criteria listed here is met]
- Optional: Fiat (USD) Trading Attachments: Bittrex will enable USD trading or USD trading, deposits, and withdrawals for corporate customers who qualify. If you want your corporate account enabled for trading USD to cryptocurrency, please submit two additional attachments (described below). The first set is needed to prove your operating location, the second set is to confirm bank details for the requested account.
- Acceptable proof must be issued by a third-party and includes any one of the following:
- Office space lease with address listed
- Utility bill (water bill, electricity bill, etc.) with address listed
- Payroll or personnel tax payment in a county or state
- If inside the US, state registration or other license with address visible
- Proof that will not satisfy this requirement includes:
- Articles of incorporation or other organizing documents
- P.O. Box addresses
- (If inside the US only) payment of other federal, state, or county taxes
- Acceptable attachments must be issued by your bank (e.g. monthly statement, routing number confirmation, and/or letter from your financial institution) and confirm the following information:
- Bank name
- Bank address
- Account name
- Account number
- Bank routing (ABA or SWIFT) number (if possible since statements may not contain routing numbers)
- You can submit banking details for up to 2 bank accounts via the corporate account application if you so choose. Appropriate documentation must be provided for each bank account.
- Fiat (USD) Attachment #1: Proof of operations within a specific state (see here for list of eligible states). Due to regulatory requirements we must have documentation verifying that you have operations in a qualifying location.
- Fiat (USD) Attachment #2: bank-issued documentation confirming bank account details to add your bank account(s) for same-day deposits and withdrawals. We need to document your account ownership and confirm your account information. You will need to submit banking details in the form and attach a document issued by your bank. Please feel free to redact any balance, transaction, or other personal data. We only need to verify account control and the bank account details.