A Bittrex corporate account is designed to meet the institutional needs of all registered entities including: Hedge Funds, High-Frequency Trading Firms, Proprietary Trading Firms, ATMs, Crypto Exchanges, Market Makers, and all other entities.
Note: Please click to add a personal account when prompted at account creation. Once your application has been approved for corporate status it will be updated from personal to corporate. Reference the account requirements for significant control person below.
What are the benefits of a corporate account?
- No Withdrawal Limits – Corporate accounts do not have a 24-hour withdrawal limit.
- 24/7 USD Instant Settlement - Qualified customers can request connection via Silvergate Exchange Network (SEN) or Prime Trust Instant.
- Fast Deposits – Lower confirmations for qualifying coins.
- Priority Support – Corporate support requests are routed to the corporate support queue.
- API Integration Benefits - Increased API Rate Limits
- Audit Support – We will support administrator, accountant, and other third-party requests.
How do I request a corporate account?
To request a corporate account you must submit the Corporate Account Request form. Make sure to complete the below before you begin. Incomplete submissions will be automatically rejected.
What must I do before I submit a Corporate Account Request?
Before you begin filling out the Corporate Account Request application:
- Prepare all the required attachments for submission.
- Create and identity verify all Bittrex personal accounts you want upgraded to corporate accounts.
- Complete the pre-submission checklist to ensure a smooth request approval process.
Pre-submission checklist (#1-#7)
- Sign in to support.bittrex.com here. If you are not signed in, you will be limited to uploading 5 attachments and tracking your ticket will be more difficult.
- Determine the “Significant Control Person" (SCP) for your organization. A person with significant control is an individual who meets either of these conditions:
- Condition 1: Directly/indirectly holds 25% or more of the company’s issued share capital or voting rights, or holds the right to appoint or remove a majority of board of directors, or
- Condition 2: Has the right to exercise, or actually exercises, significant influence or control of the organization (e.g., has signing authority to bind the organization in legal agreement)
- Confirm the “Significant Control Person" has a Bittrex personal account ready to upgrade to corporate through one of two methods:
- SCP is ready to upgrade their existing Bittrex personal account to a corporate account
- SCP creates a new personal account at https://bittrex.com/account/register
- Confirm the “Significant Control Person" has completed identity verification within the settings of their Bittrex account after uploading a picture of their selfie and government issued identification. To confirm review the following:
- A large green check box and the words “Your identity has been successfully verified” must appear on the “Identity Verification” page within the Account section.
- Identity verification must be performed by the Significant Control Person. An assistant may not identity verify the account on behalf of the Significant Control Person.
- Determine all the Bittrex personal accounts your organization will upgrade to corporate. Each Bittrex corporate account is associated to a single email address and a segregated pool of funds. Bittrex does not support hierarchical accounts currently.
- If your organization wants to trade from a single fund pool: Request 1 corporate account. Bittrex does not currently support separate logins for the same account via the UI for corporate users. More access options are available via API.
- If your organization wants to trade from multiple fund pools: Request multiple corporate accounts, at least one for each segregated fund balance. There is no limit to the number of personal accounts you can upgrade to corporate accounts under a single organization.
- Example 1: “Our organization is a hedge fund. We have 3 traders, all accessing the same pool of funds at the same time. How many Bittrex accounts do we need?” Answer: Request 1 account if the Significant Control Person has identity verified the account. Request 2 accounts if the Significant Control Person wants funds held in an account identity verified by someone else for compliance purposes.
- Example 2: “We are a large financial institution. We have 5 traders, and each one trades their own balance from the web console to easily track daily P&L.” Answer: Request at least 5 corporate accounts, 6 if you want each trader to have their identity verified on each account. The sixth account fund balance may remain empty, but identity verified by the Significant Control Person for compliance purposes.
- Example 3: “We are a large financial institution intent on trading using the API. We have one pool of funds but plan on creating an API key for each trader to track P&L.” Answer: Request 1 account if the Significant Control Person has identity verified the account. Request 2 accounts if the Significant Control Person wants funds held in an account identity verified by someone else for compliance purposes.
- Not sure? If you are not sure how many corporate accounts you need right now or think you will need more later, just request 1 account now. We can quickly add more accounts for your organization any time after your organization receives corporate account approval.
- Make sure each Bittrex account you want upgraded is identity verified (at least 1 by your "Significant Control Person")
- A selfie and government-issued identification must be uploaded into each account’s settings
- A large green check box and the words “Your identity has been successfully verified” must appear on the “Identity Verification” page within the Account section on each account.
- As long as the SCP has identify verified at least one of the accounts, the same person from your organization may be identity verified on all corporate accounts using the same ID.
- Since the same person is not allowed to have more than one Bittrex personal account, our systems will automatically disable any account when you use the same government identification for identity verification you've used to verify another Bittrex account. This is expected, and we will re-enable all deactivated personal accounts you want upgraded to corporate when you are notified that your Corporate Account Request submission has been approved. Corporate account holders are allowed to have multiple accounts.
- Gather Attachments: Gather all the attachments you will need to upload with your submission. All attachments must be originals and include English translations when not in English. The number of individual attachments you can upload is limited to 5 due to security precautions, so combine attachments into 5 or fewer images or PDF, Word, or other text documents before uploading. Zip files are not accepted.
- Required: Articles of incorporation or other equivalent organizing documents.
- Required: Government issued Tax ID confirmation (e.g., submit form 147c in the US) or supply proof are not subject to government taxation and provide equivalent ID.
- Required: Local government operating registration (e.g., State registration in the US).
- Required: Shareholder document listing full legal name and address of all who own 25% or more of all companies involved. [Publicly traded companies should not attach.] Please also attach ID documents for each natural person owner and/or controller of the company at this time.
- Required: Trader authorization on company letterhead signed by a Significant Control Person (does not need to be the same SCP identity verified on the account), listing full legal name, date of birth and address of those authorized to trade on the company’s behalf.
- Required with Exchange Activity: Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) policies and documentation if your Bittrex account will support any buying or selling of cryptocurrency directly for others, online or in-person. For example, you must include if any aspect of your business supports (or intends to) cryptocurrency brokerage, OTC trading, ATMs, retail stores, or online digital exchange. [Pure investment funds do not need to attach, only attach if exchange criteria listed here is met.]