Please note that this license does not cover the transmission of virtual currency.
BY GRANTING BITTREX A LICENSE, THE FLORIDA OFFICE OF FINANCIAL REGULATION IS NOT ENDORSING THE USE OF DIGITAL OR VIRTUAL CURRENCIES.
- S. currency is legal tender backed by the U.S. government.
- Digital and virtual currencies are not issued or backed by the U.S. government, or related in any way to U.S. currency, and have fewer regulatory protections.
- The value of digital and virtual currencies is derived from supply and demand in the global marketplace which can rise or fall independently of any fiat (government) currency.
- Holding digital and virtual currencies carries exchange rate and other types of risk.
POTENTIAL USERS OF DIGITAL OR VIRTUAL CURRENCIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO BITCOIN, SHOULD BE FOREWARNED OF A POSSIBLE FINANCIAL LOSS AT THE TIME THAT SUCH CURRENCIES ARE EXCHANGED FOR FIAT CURRENCY DUE TO AN UNFAVORABLE EXCHANGE RATE. A FAVORABLE EXCHANGE RATE AT THE TIME OF EXCHANGE CAN RESULT IN A TAX LIABILITY. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR TAX ADVISER REGARDING ANY TAX CONSEQUENCES ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR HOLDING OR USE OF DIGITAL OR VIRTUAL CURRENCIES.
If you have a question or complaint, please contact https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us
Bittrex warns its users to watch out for phishing scams or other kinds of fraud. If you believe that your Bittrex Account has been accessed without your authorization or if you’ve otherwise been a victim of fraud, for the fastest response please file a support request at https://support.bittrex.com, or use our live chat function found there. You can also write to Bittrex at 800 Fifth Ave, Suite 4100, Seattle, WA 98104.
Please note the following disclosures associated with virtual currency:
- Virtual currency is not legal tender, is not backed by the government, and accounts and value balances are not subject to Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or Securities Investor Protection Corporation protections.
- Legislative and regulatory changes or actions at the state, federal, or international level may adversely affect the use, transfer, exchange, and value of virtual currency.
- Transactions in virtual currency may be irreversible, and, accordingly, losses due to fraudulent or accidental transactions may not be recoverable.
- Some virtual currency transactions shall be deemed to be made when recorded on a public ledger, which is not necessarily the date or time that the customer initiates the transaction.
- The value of virtual currency may be derived from the continued willingness of market participants to exchange fiat currency for virtual currency, which may result in the potential for permanent and total loss of value of a particular virtual currency should the market for that virtual currency disappear.
- There is no assurance that a person who accepts a virtual currency as payment today will continue to do so in the future.
- The volatility and unpredictability of the price of virtual currency relative to fiat currency may result in significant loss over a short period of time.
- The nature of virtual currency may lead to an increased risk of fraud or cyber attack.
- The nature of virtual currency means that any technological difficulties experienced by Bittrex may prevent the access or use of a customer’s virtual currency.
- Any bond or trust account maintained by Bittrex for the benefit of its customers may not be sufficient to cover all losses incurred by customers.
If you have an issue with Bittrex’s site or services, please file a support request at https://support.bittrex.com. You can also write to Bittrex at 800 Fifth Ave, Suite 4100, Seattle, WA 98104, or use our chat support function located at the support web site. If Bittrex is unable to resolve your issue, New York residents can also contact the New York Department of Financial Services by visiting the DFS Consumer Complaint website https://www.dfs.ny.gov/consumer/fileacomplaint.htm, by calling (800) 342-3736, or by writing to the Department of Financial Services, Consumer Assistance Unit, One Commerce Plaza, Albany, NY 12257.
If you have an issue with Bittrex’s site or services, please first file a support request at https://support.bittrex.com, or use our live chat function found there. You can also write to Bittrex at 800 Fifth Ave, Suite 4100, Seattle, WA 98104. If Bittrex is unable to resolve your issue, you may also contact the Texas Department of Banking at 2601 North Lamar Boulevard, Austin, Texas 78705, (877) 276-5554, or www.dob.texas.gov.
- A schedule of all fees charged by Bittrex is here: https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003684371-BITTREX-SERVICE-FEES-AND-WITHDRAWAL-LIMITATIONS
- The products and services provided are not insured or guaranteed by an agency of the United States, except for fiat deposits held on behalf of customers at Bittrex's banks, which are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- As noted in our Terms of Service, the transfer of virtual currency is irrevocable. All trades are final. Our cross-chain deposit policy can be found here: https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000961172-Bittrex-s-Crosschain-Recovery-Policy
- As noted in our Terms of Service, you are exclusively responsible for ensuring the security of your account, your own trades, trade cancellations, deposits, and withdrawals and are responsible for any errors or liabilities incurred therein. In the event of such errors, you should contact us as soon as possible and we will attempt to assist, but make no representations that we will be able to correct such mistakes.