If you’ve been thinking of purchasing digital assets with U.S. dollars, Bittrex has been phasing in fiat trading for our customers. This has allowed us to ramp up markets, processes, and systems through a measured approach to ensure the highest level of service possible before we open up the markets to all qualified customers.
Because our fiat program is still so new, many people may not realize that their account is already enabled for U.S. dollar trading. That’s why we recognize that you might need a little bit of help in figuring out how to take advantage of the fiat markets on Bittrex. So, below we’ve put together some step-by-step instructions on how to trade, deposit, and withdraw US Dollars (fiat) on Bittrex.
Step 1: Have you verified your identity with us?
- To participate in US Dollar markets your identity must be verified. You can do this by uploading your government-issued ID and selfie into your Bittrex account.
- Click here for customer ID verification instructions
Step 2: Are you in an eligible location?
- International customers located outside the United States are eligible.
- United States customers located in specific states are eligible for US dollar markets.
- Check here for the list of states that are eligible. If you’re not eligible now, check back because we expect to add more states over time.
Step 3: Is your account already enabled for U.S. dollar trading?
- Millions of Bittrex customers are already enabled for USD trading without realizing it.
- Identity verified personal accounts located in an eligible location and created before October 1, 2018 should already be enabled for USD trading only.
- To check whether your account is enabled for USD trading:
- Log in to your Bittrex account
- Click on “Holdings” from the upper right corner
- Search for “US Dollar” to find your US Dollar wallet
- You are enabled for USD trading if your US Dollar wallet deposit and withdraw buttons show like this:
- You are NOT enabled for USD trading if your US Dollar wallet deposit button is grey like this:
- If you are not enabled for USD trading yet but have verified your identity with us AND live in an eligible location, please fill out this form:
Fiat (USD) Trading Request: https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000047992
Step 4: Add your bank account to enable US Dollar deposits and withdrawals
- After you’ve completed steps 1-3 you are now enabled for USD trading. You can trade cryptocurrency for USD, but you cannot withdraw or deposit USD until you add a bank account.
- To add a bank account, please click on the Deposit button next to the US Dollar wallet:
- You will be presented with this screen:
- Click on “contact support” and follow the directions to fill out the Fiat (USD) Trading Request form: Fiat (USD) Trading Request: https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000047992
- Once you submit the form, approval turnaround time is usually within days.
- Your approval response from Bittrex will contain your USD wire transfer instructions.
- Now that you’ve been enabled for USD trading, deposits and withdrawals and set up your bank account information, you can transfer USD to Bittrex. Currently we accept wire transfers. If you lose the email with your wire transfer instructions, you can always access the wire instructions after approval by logging into https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us and clicking on "My Activities" to view your support ticket.
- Wire transfers are the fastest way to deposit USD currently, but stay tuned for additional updates in the future.
- Note: For personal accounts, if you decide to deposit USD, it is a $50 minimum per wire transfer. USD withdrawal minimum is $10.
Step 5: Buy, Sell, Trade.
As we continue expanding fiat markets to the top tokens on Bittrex, we’re not only offering customers a streamlined experience to purchase digital coins on Bittrex directly with US dollars, but we’ll also be offering customers USD trading pairs that may only be found on our platform. We’re going to continue adding tokens to our USD markets, providing our customers even more convenient, fast and secure trading options as well as access to some of the world’s most innovative blockchain projects.
Once you are all set with USD trading, deposit and withdrawals, you can follow these steps to place a limit buy order.
- Scroll to find the market you are interested in
- Scroll down to order book
- Enter quantity you want to purchase
- Click on ask side to place bid price
- Select green buy button
- Confirm order details
- Pop up on right side will confirm order completion.
Watch this video to help you place a limit buy order.
If you have any questions, our Customer Service team is here to help. Visit https://support.bittrex.com/ to find our FAQ section with useful information and tips. If you don’t see a solution to your issue in the FAQs, please submit a support request on our support site or use 24/7 live chat. Our team will review your ticket and provide a timely response to help resolve the issue.
Don’t forget to follow our official Bittrex Twitter account (@BittrexExchange) for important news and announcements, such as what new fiat pairs we’ll be adding in the future.