To help drive innovation in the blockchain industry, Bittrex is committed to supporting both new and established blockchains. Bittrex seeks to provide its users with an ever-growing selection of blockchain technologies and digital tokens.
As previously written in a Wall Street Journal Op-ed:
"A digital currency exchange serves as a nerve center of the blockchain ecosystem, and trading platforms are fundamental to ensuring the security of the blockchain by, for example, making it extremely difficult to engage in certain types of cyber-attacks. Additionally, it allows for marketbased price discovery so that the marketplace can determine the value for your digital asset; it also fosters innovation… The potential uses are limited only by the imagination of the innovators."
There are two main reviews that Bittrex completes before a token may be listed on Bittrex.com:
- Preliminary Review: This is an initial review to determine whether a token that seeks to be listed on Bittrex.com should proceed through the full listing process. A Bittrex employee will notify you if your token has been selected to undergo the Full Listing Review.
- Full Listing Review: This is a more in-depth review of the token. Bittrex requests certain documentation through this process, including an executed Non-Disclosure Agreement and Listing Agreement. A committee comprised of Bittrex employees will determine if the token meets our robust criteria, and whether it will be listed on Bittrex.com. As part of this review, Bittrex may consult with outside advisors.
To start the preliminary review, please submit the required information through Bittrex Support using the Submit Token for Listing Consideration form.
As part of the full listing review, a token must successfully complete a compliance review before it can be listed on the trading platform. To be listed on the U.S. platform on Bittrex.com, our compliance review requires the applicant to provide a legal memorandum or opinion from its U.S.-qualified external legal counsel. The memo or opinion should present the factual and legal basis for its conclusion that (a) the Candidate Token is not a security under applicable securities laws, and (b) that trades of the Candidate Tokens would not be subject to regulation under any applicable laws applicable to trading of commodities.
In addition to the compliance review, Bittrex reviews many aspects of the token, project, and platform when determining whether to list a token, including whether it is an innovative and/or new Blockchain or has an innovative use case or application. As part of its review, Bittrex takes into consideration a number of factors including but not limited to:
- Rating by the Crypto Rating Council (CRC)
- New blockchain features
- Significant improvement over existing blockchain
- Interesting, innovative, or unique application
- Usefulness of use cases
- Technological experience and reputation of token applicant and team
- Market interest
Bittrex does not currently charge a fee for listing a token on our US platform. We believe in promoting the blockchain industry, and we have spent, and will continue to invest, significant resources to review tokens for listing on our trading platforms.
Please do not believe any consultant, advisor, or individual that tells you that they can get your token listed on Bittrex.com for a fee. The decision to list a token is made by a committee of Bittrex employees after a rigorous review.
Frequently asked questions
How do I submit a token for review?
Please submit the required information through Bittrex Support using the Submit Token for Listing Consideration form.
We will need the following information:
- Verified Bittrex Account of token representative and list of all token team personal and corporate accounts
- Token Name and Proposed Ticker Letters
- Description of Token
- Current use case of token on mainnet
- Mainnet and Platform Launch Dates
- Blockchain information
- Github Link (We only accept source code, not a binary executable)
- Official blockchain explorer
- Official website
- Link to the whitepaper
- Social media information, including telegram channel, twitter account, facebook page, wechat, kakao talk, etc.
- Amount of money or digital currency raised, if applicable
- Existence of a premine supply
- Maximum supply of your token
- What is your TxFee for a transaction?
- List of trading platforms offering the token
- If you are an ETH token or support smart contracts:
- Date and documentation of the most recent code review performed of your smart contract
- Smart contract address
Bittrex used to offer a “spotlight” feature for 3.0 BTC. Do you still offer that feature?
No. We no longer offer that feature on our platform.
What does your compliance review entail?
We request information and documents from the token applicant to help us as part of our compliance review. Some of the information we require include: Name & Description of Token, How Tokens Are Earned & Acquired, Trading Questions, Token Holder Rights, and Token Whitepaper.
In order to be listed on the U.S. platform, Bittrex.com, we require a memorandum or opinion from a U.S.-qualified law firm that presents the factual and legal basis for its conclusion that (a) the Candidate Token is not a security under applicable securities laws, and (b) that trades of the Candidate Tokens would not be subject to regulation under any applicable laws applicable to trading of commodities.
Does making it to the full listing review process guarantee that my token will be listed on Bittrex.com?
No. Bittrex retains full discretion regarding which tokens to list on both trading platforms. A token must satisfactorily complete the full review before being listed. Merely going through the full listing review process does not guarantee that your token will be listed on Bittrex.com.
If my token is not accepted for listing on Bittrex.com, can I resubmit after making changes?
Yes. Generally, you should wait at least 3 months before resubmitting the listing request.
Will you notify me if my token is NOT chosen for full listing review or provide an explanation for why my token will not be considered for full listing review?
We will notify you if your token does not pass the preliminary review and/or full listing review. Given the number of tokens that we review every week, we will most likely be unable to provide an explanation for our decision not to list your token.
Does Bittrex US review listings for Bittrex Global?
No, listings for Bittrex US and Bittrex Global is reviewed separately. As of Tuesday, October 29, 2019 Bittrex International (operated out of Malta) has been closed. This closure coincides with the launch of a new exchange partner — Bittrex Global. Bittrex Global is a new European exchange utilizing the trusted Bittrex technology platform. Headquartered in Liechtenstein, Bittrex Global aspires to be the premier global exchange for trading new and innovative blockchain tokens. Click here to learn more about Bittrex Global.