Follow these steps to create and verify a Bittrex account. Bittrex Global customers will be automatically redirected to the Bittrex Global sign up page. All Bittrex accounts must be verified.
Note: All Bittrex accounts are designated by a unique email address which is also the username to log in to the account.
The process to create and verify an account includes multiple security measures to prevent unauthorized access and protect your Bittrex account. Please be patient and follow all directions carefully.
1. To start the account registration process, go to: https://www.bittrex.com/Account/Register.
2. Choose whether you would like to create a Personal or Corporate account by selecting the appropriate Account Type button.
Note: Selecting Corporate will direct you to more information about the Bittrex Corporate Account application process found here.
3. Enter your email address into the Email address field. This will also be used as your Bittrex username.
4. Enter a password into the Password field. Passwords must be at least 12 characters long. To enhance password security, it is highly recommended to create your password using both letters and symbols.
5. Click Create Account. A verification email will be sent to you. Navigate to your email inbox and click the "Verify Email" link in the email to verify your email address.
Note: Please remember that the verification will verify the browser on the device you are on. Please make sure the same browser is opening after clicking the link. If you are getting the "device verification failed" error, please click here.
6. After successfully verifying your email address, you will be asked to review the Terms of Service carefully. When you have read, understood, and agreed to all conditions and restrictions to own and use a Bittrex account, click Accept Terms.
Note: For additional assistance, you may access the Show me how link at the top of the page which will direct you to a video tutorial on how to set up your Bittrex Account.
7. Next, you will be directed to submit your Basic Profile Info. Complete all fields using a keyboard with Latin (English) characters. Characters and symbols from other languages cannot be processed and will result in a failed verification.
Note: Names will be read directly from your ID and entered to your profile
8. Click Continue to move on to ID Verification. All Bittrex accounts must be verified with government-issued identification. To begin the process, click Start Verification. You will be required to take photos of your official government identification and a selfie (face photo) to verify your identity.
Note: It's strongly recommended to use a passport for the ID. This is the most widely accepted identification document. Other forms of accepted identification vary by country.
9. Follow the ID Verification directions carefully. The required images may be captured by the camera on your device or uploaded from a file. You will need to take an image of the front of your ID and a selfie. If uploading a document other than a passport, you may also be asked to submit an image of the back of the ID. Uploads of photos are not compatible. You must use a device that has a camera to take photos when prompted. If you are on a computer without a camera, please select the Issuing Country/Region and ID Type. The next page will prompt you to submit your ID, to which you can select 'Switch to mobile?' to continue on your mobile device. Choose the option that works best for you (email, QR code, copy link) to continue on your mobile device. By submitting a selfie, users may avoid the primary reason people encounter identity verification delays.
Note: Make sure to keep your web page open while using your mobile device.
Any submissions that do not satisfy these requirements will fail automatically. If this happens, you will be directed to repeat the verification steps with some tips on how to submit a success verification. After three failed attempts, you will have to submit a support ticket here for an agent to assist you in the verification process.
10. ID Verification can take up to 10 minutes to approve. You must keep the page open while the verification is processing. Once the ID verification has successfully gone through, you will be automatically taken to the next step in the process.
11. As a standard KYC practice, we request basic financial information about your source of funding. Please follow the prompts in this step and click "continue".
12. To comply with U.S. regulations and further verify your identity, you will be asked to provide your Social Security number. When prompted, select Yes, then enter your Social Security number and click Submit.
Note: If you do not have a Social Security number, selecting No will ask you to submit an Alien Identification Number or Passport Number instead.
13. When your identity has been successfully verified, you will see receive a message stating you have successfully verified your identity. To begin using your new Bittrex account, click Start Trading!
Thank you for joining the Bittrex community and happy trading!