Follow these steps to create and verify a Bittrex account. Bittrex Global customers will be automatically redirected to the Bittrex Global sign up page. All Bittrex accounts must be verified.
Note: All Bittrex accounts are designated by a unique email address which is also the username to login to the account.
The process to create and verify an account includes multiple security measures to prevent unauthorized access and protect your Bittrex Account. Please be patient and follow all directions carefully.
1. To start the account registration process, go to: https://www.bittrex.com/Account/Register
2. Choose whether you would like to create a Personal or Corporate account by selecting the appropriate Account Type button.
Note: Selecting Corporate will give you more information about the Bittrex Corporate Account application process.
3. Enter your email address into the E-mail address field. This will also be your username.
4. Enter a password into the Password field. Passwords must be at least 8 characters long. To enhance password security, it is highly recommended to create a password of 12 or more characters including letters and symbols.
5. Click Create Account. A verification email will be sent to you. Navigate to your email inbox and click the "Verify Email" link in the email to verify your email address.
6. After successfully verifying your email address, you will be asked to review the Terms of Service carefully. When you have read, understood, and agreed to ALL conditions and restrictions to own and use a Bittrex account, click Accept Terms.
7. Next, you will be directed to submit your Basic Profile Info. Complete ALL fields using a keyboard with LATIN (English) characters. Characters and symbols from other languages cannot be processed and will result in a failed verification.
Note: Names will be read directly from your ID and entered to your profile.
8. Click Continue to move on to ID Verification. All Bittrex accounts must be verified with government-issued identification. To begin the process, click Start Verification. You will be required to take photos of your official government identification and a selfie (face photo) to verify your identity.
Note: It's strongly recommended to use a passport for the ID. This is the most widely accepted identification document. Other forms of accepted identification vary by country.
9. Follow the ID Verification directions carefully. The required images may be captured by the camera on your device or uploaded from a file. You will need to take an image of the front of your ID and a selfie. If uploading a document other than a passport, you may also be asked to submit an image of the back of the ID. Do not submit a professionally taken photograph or head shot.
Any submissions that do not satisfy these requirements will fail automatically. If this happens, you will be directed to repeat the verification steps with some tips on how to submit a success verification. After three failed attempts, you will have to submit a support ticket for an agent to assist you in the verification process (see bottom of page).
10. ID Verification can take up to 10 minutes to approve. You must keep the page open while the verification is processing. Once the ID verification has successfully gone through, you will be automatically taken to the next step in the process.
11. To comply with U.S. regulations and further verify your identity, you will be asked to provide your Social Security number. When prompted, select Yes, then enter your Social Security number and click Submit.
Note: If you do not have a Social Security number, selecting No will ask you to submit an Alien Identification Number or Passport Number instead.
12. When your identity has been successfully verified, you will see this message:
To begin using your new account, click Start Trading!
Thank you for joining the Bittrex Community and Happy Trading!
New IP address verification
The first time you log in to your account from a different IP address than the one identified when creating your account, you will need to verify your new IP Address.
After entering your credentials, you will be directed to navigate to your email inbox and click the “Click here to login” link in the IP verification email. You will then be directed to repeat the log in process after verifying the IP address (this will only be repeated when you log in from a new IP address).
This is a security measure to protect your account from an unauthorized user. This IP verification process will be repeated any time you log in from a new IP address.
If you encounter an error and your account is disabled, you will need to submit a ticket to our Support Team so that they can assist you. To be directed to our support page, please click here.