Why is Bittrex US winding down operations?
Don’t worry – customer funds are safe; however, it’s just not viable for us to continue to operate in the current U.S. regulatory and economic environment.
What is the timeline for this?
- Bank Account Setup Deadline for Wire Transfers – April 7, 2023, 5 pm PDT
- Trading Deadline – April 14, 2023, 5 pm PDT
- Fiat Wire Withdrawal Deadline – April 24, 2023, 5 pm PDT
- Fiat ACH Withdrawal Deadline – April 27, 2023, 5 pm PDT
- Last Full Day to Withdraw Cryptocurrency – April 29, 2023
- Operations Cease – April 30, 2023, noon PDT
How long do I have to make my withdrawals?
The last full day to withdraw cryptocurrency will be April 29, 2023. The last day to submit fiat withdrawals will be April 24, 2023, 5 pm PDT for wire and April 27, 2023, 5 pm PDT for ACH.
Although you have until these dates to withdraw your funds, it is HIGHLY recommended you withdraw funds as soon as possible in case there are any unforeseen delays. Please note that 2FA reset requests and password reset requests will result in a 24 hour hold that cannot be overridden.
How can I withdraw my fiat funds?
- ACH – We strongly recommend that you link your bank account via Plaid if you wish to withdraw USD. You will be able to link the account yourself and initiate the withdrawal within minutes. There are no fees associated with ACH withdrawals. NOTE-Bank (ACH) transfers are not supported for the following states: Texas, Nevada and South Dakota (in addition to the ineligible states mentioned in this article). Users from these states will need to apply for wire transfers to withdrawal USD from their account.
- Wires – If you would like to withdraw via bank wire, you must submit a request to have your account linked here. Please note wires have a $35 minimum and incur a $25 fee. Also, we will only accept fiat wire applications until April 7, 2023, 5 pm PDT to give us sufficient time to process requests. If you have not linked an account or submitted an application by this time, you will not be eligible for wire withdrawals. Bittrex will make commercially reasonable efforts to process all applications, but does not guarantee that all such applications will be reviewed and approved before the wire withdrawal deadline. If we are unable to process your application in a timely manner, it will be rejected, and you will be notified via email. Please see this article for questions on how to submit a fiat application.
How can I withdraw my cryptocurrency off Bittrex?
Please see this article for more information on how to withdraw your crypto from Bittrex.
What if my withdrawal is below the minimum?
If your holdings do not meet the minimum withdrawal size, there is nothing further we can do to assist you at this time.
What happens to any pending withdrawals?
If withdrawals are left pending after April 29, 2023, they will be cancelled.
What if I fail to withdraw my funds before the deadline?
After the deadline, user accounts will be disabled, and any remaining funds may be unavailable for an extended period.
My account says I hit the daily withdrawal limit. What should I do?
Account limits vary. Customers with a balance larger than their withdrawal limit may need to break up withdrawals over several days. To find your withdraw limits, log in to your Bittrex account on the web version and go to My Account > My Profile > Daily Withdrawal Limit. If you do not already have it enabled, enabling 2FA may result in an increased withdrawal limit.
What if the wallet is offline for one of the cryptocurrencies I own?
Bittrex will make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that all wallets are online before the withdrawal deadline expires. However, it is possible some wallets may not come back online in time. If you would like to ensure you can withdraw your holdings in markets where trading is available, you may want to trade any holdings in the currency where the wallet is offline to another currency so that you may withdraw.
Can I still trade? What happens to my open positions?
Users will be allowed to trade up until April 14, 2023, 5 pm PDT. After this date, any open positions will be closed, and pending orders will be cancelled. Bittrex will not be responsible or liable for any losses or unrealized gains caused by the termination of pending orders.
What happens if someone tries to transfer funds to my Bittrex wallet after operations cease at 12pm (noon) PDT on April 30th, 2023?
Deposits to Bittrex accounts are now closed. You will have no claim whatsoever to any funds sent to your deposit addresses once operations cease. You are responsible for notifying potential counterparties that your deposit address is no longer in your possession or control and making alternative arrangements.
I am having trouble accessing my account, what can I do?
I am a customer who resides in NY, CT, VT, or HI, what are my options?
Please reference our state-specific support page for your state.
Will Bittrex continue to pay out referral rewards?
The Bittrex U.S. Referral program is terminated and will cease earning rewards effective immediately. All rewards earned up to this point will be paid out by April 5, 2023.
Will I still earn staking rewards on my ADA?
The Bittrex U.S. Staking program is terminated and will cease earning rewards effective immediately. All rewards earned up to this point will be paid out by April 5, 2023.
Does this affect Bittrex Global / customers outside the U.S.?
This decision does not affect Bittrex Global, which only services non-U.S. customers and does not provide services in the U.S., and there will be no change to the Bittrex Global service offering. All Bittrex Global customer funds continue to be safe and accessible, and they remain committed to providing their customers with the safest, most secure, and most compliant exchange in the market.
*Texas users can view the consent order from the Texas Department of Banking here.